We all complain all the time about snow, and cold, and icy roads. Don't get me wrong, I hate being cold. But, as long as the heat is on when I come inside. I do like winter. I don't like running to the car and shivering halfway to work before the car heats up, but, I do like the snow. I don't like sliding all over the road on my way to work, but I do like bundling up before I go out to shovel.
Here are some things that I do love about this season
- Snow Days! I live near the ocean. This means that it is windy. Really windy. So when we get snow, we have wind. And sometimes rain. Which makes is messy outside. I love waking up and finding out that the city is closed down, and I can spend the day on my couch
watching daytime TVworking from home.
- Toques. I'm Canadian. I love them.
- Snowshoeing. I love hiking. Hiking in the snow is excellent.
- Hot Chocolate. I love some good hot chocolate. I love making it at home, I love getting it at Tims. I love taking it snowshoeing with me in a thermos.
- My new Uggs. I actually just got them, and have only worn them about a dozen times. But, I love them already. I love being able to pull them on with no socks and walk to the store. Plus, I feel super cool wearing them.
- The cozy feeling your house has at nighttime. It is different in the winter. Coming home to a cozy house, wrapping up in a blanket and watching a movie. (With hot chocolate).
- Sledding. Hurling yourself down a hill, on a small piece of plastic. So. Much. Fun. (Although, I am much more afraid of the hills now than when I was younger. And last winter I went sledding with a group of kids I volunteer with, and ended up with bruises all over me.)
What about you? What do you love about winter?