Monday, November 22, 2010

Rocking Out

I went out dancing on Saturday night.

With my girl friends, after a couple of bottles of wine.

It was the first time that I had been out, and single, since early 2007. Like, probably January 2007.

It. Was. So. Much. Fun.

It was kind of smelly (which I had forgotten about). And really sweaty. But awesome. The DJ was great, and was playing great tunes. I didn't feel old, which I thought I might.

My girl friend Maggie* had come over to my place. We had a couple of glasses of wine and then head over to another friends house. There were about 8 of us, and we were all hanging out, having a good time, and decided to go dancing. I did get hit on by a guy who told me that he works at Costco. And then proceeded to tell me how much they pay him. And how he "runs the shit out of that place." Ha. It was hilarious.

I didn't get hit on when I was out at the club, but there were a few sideways glances. It was a lot of fun.

Did I mention I had a great time?

*Maggs is actually newly single as well. She just broke up with her boyfriend of 5 years. They are still living in their apartment, figuring out what is happening next. She might be moving in with me.

1 comment: