Thursday, December 9, 2010

I had a bad day

I had a client meeting at work today, that was miscommunicated. And by miscommunicated I mean, that my client did not correctly read the email that I sent her, and I showed up at her office for the meeting, while she was showing up at my office. Across town.

When I finally reached her on the phone, she said that she didn't want to meet with me, since my boss was sick today and she would prefer not to meet with "just me".  Mind you, there was no reason for my boss to attend the meeting at all really, he was just going to sit in. (He was promoted a few years ago, and I was hired. Most clients were fine with the handover. She is not one of them). She thought it was best we reschedule.

So yeah, bad day.

I now hate bad days. I hate snags in my plans.

Because bad days remind me that I am alone. That I don't have anyone to come home to. That no one is going to give me a hug, and make me some supper, and tell me that my client is stupid, and my boss is stupid, and I am too awesome for this stupid job anyways.

I come home to an empty apartment. Which reminds me that I am alone. Because the place is a total mess. Because I have been studying like a maniac this week, and when I am not studying, I am lying on the couch interneting or tving. Because I don't want to use any of my energy on something lame, like cleaning. I am reminded that I am alone because all I want for supper is cereal, but I have forgotten to pick up milk four days in a row, and there is no one to call and say "hey, can you pick up some milk?" because I live alone.

And it doesn't help, that I have not been sleeping well at all this week.

I'm tired. And I have more studying to do. Bad days suck.

3 comments:

  1. Bad days TOTALLY suck, and I am so sorry that it was hard for you to come home to an empty apartment. Keep your chin up. Just found your blog. My initials are TL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy, I am feeling much better today. Sometimes there are just bad moments, eh? Yay for sharing initials :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post struck me. I had a 'bad day' the other day, just was I missed a mistake on a print ad I should have caught and my dad called me to inquire how my meet-up with my ex went. Bad days are reminders of how good we seemingly had it, but I those bad days will go away with time.

    ReplyDelete